Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Busy, busy, busy.....

Over the past week I have been updating photo's of all my jewelry creations, opened new stores on Artfire and 1000Markets. I am very excited to be a part of these wonderfull selling venues. Mostly I am excited to be a part of the 1000Markets community, they have worked very hard and are dedicated to the talented handmade artisans I have seen there. You can read all about it here.

Along with opening the new shops I have completed a custom bracelet for an absolutely delightful client from Etsy. She contacted me for an anniversary present for herself, with this type of piece in mind.


Here is an excerpt from her request, "I was married on the beach in Hawaii at sunset and spent some of my time swimming with the turtles, hence my love of them........When I think of turtles, I think of the ocean which to me looks mostly blue, ........lots of those sterling turtles and sterling shell charms and the other smaller sea shells currently on the bracelet as in the picture."


After going thru different types of materials, and comparing notes with ideas, we came up with the perfect combination for her anniversary bracelet. I started with the base design of Abalone rectangle beads, jet swarvoski crystals, and sterling silver findings. To that I added 10 different dangle clusters in just the right spaces to still show all of the base elements. The clusters include large and small potato pearls in three different shades of blue, cream freshwater cultured pearls, sparkling abalone, teal, and green shell coins. Then of course there are tons of sterling silver sea turtles, sanddollars, shells, and sea horses all in various sizes. We do not want to forget the starfish, whale, fish, and dolphin charms that are in the mix as well. This piece closes with a heart lobster clasp. So without further adieu........

"Treasures of the Sea"




I am happy to report that she loves it!!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Mary, your customer is going to love that beautiful bracelet! It's really lovely!