Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Twilight or Harry Potter?

So I find myself utterly bored without anything to read lately. I have read all 4 books of the Twilight series at least twice, seen the Twilight movie and can not seem to get enough. I want more! I am a total addict! I really hope that Stephanie Meyer will finish Midnight Sun, as the partial draft was very intriguing since it is from Edwards point of view. It would be awesome if she did all 4 of the main ones from his view point. I have also read all of the outtakes posted on Meyer's website for each book, if you havn't checked them out you should. Summit Entertainment is due this week to announce if Taylor Lautner will be be cast as Jacob Black again. I sure hope he can buff up and is chosen for the second movie as it would be a disapointment if the original cast was not in the rest of them.
Now for Harry Potter ~ I have read each and every book in this series more then twice, and seen all the movies that are out several times...lol At one time you could of called me obsessed as I would watch the movies and read the books at the same time. I can't wait for the new movie to be realeased.

Here is the link to the Harry Potter & The Half-Blood Price:


Next, I am going to start on the P C Cast series, House of Night as soon as they are delivered..lol I have read one of her books, Goddess of the Light and it was very interesting. As you can tell I lean toward mystical type books and movies.

Which movie/book series do you prefer?

4 comments:

Bubbles N Suds said...

I definitely have to say Harry Potter, but only because I'm an Anne Rice vampire fan and... I love Gary Oldman in the Harry Potter movies. Sigh. :]

Anne Meyer said...

My favorites are the Harry Potter books. I've read each of them several times! I've read the Twilight series too, but Harry is still my fave.

Rachel Kovaciny said...

I prefer Harry Potter so far, as I've only just entered the Twilight fandom and only read the first book yet. And none of the characters in Twilight captured me the way Sirius Black did. But he wasn't really in the first HP book either (just his motorcycle, mmm.)

Tina said...

Ditto to everything you said! I have nothing to read at the moment. I have found podcasts. I've been listening to Imprint (twilight podcast) and MuggleCast (HP podcast). They are a great addition to the books.

As for choosing my fav series. I can't! They are so different. Love them both. Although, I can re-read Harry Potter over and over and over...

I'm interested in the next series your starting. Maybe I'll check them out. Any more book recommendations for Twilight/Potter fans?